CampusParc is the company that everyone loves to hate. And it might be well deserved! We all pay our tuition and we also pay exorbitant ticket fees to park at a university we pay to go to, at least partly because of CampusParc. And if you’re thinking about getting a parking pass anywhere other than Buckeye Lot or West Campus (which are both basically other planets), it might even be cheaper to just deal with getting tickets. I remember getting up at 7:45 in the morning (on my days off from class!) to run outside my dorm and pay for a parking meter to avoid CampusParc. And, being a native Columbusite, since moving off campus, I just use the COTA to get around. It might be slow, but it’s free!
Anyways, I thought about getting a parking pass for my final semester of undergrad at Ohio State, but, like always, balked at the insane prices CampusParc demands for central campus parking. If you want to get a central campus parking pass with limited garage access, the total cost comes up to…
So, clearly, I’ll deal with COTA bus rides instead of paying that. But, that number did get me to thinking… what other ways could you spend $955 dollars around campus?
- 230 Classic Chick-Fil-A sandwiches ($4.15 apiece)
- 868 Regular donuts from Buckeye Donuts ($1.10 apiece)
- 239 mint JUUL pods ($15.99 for a four-pack)
- Tickets to Ariana Grande’s show in section 106 (from SeatGeek, $950)
- 68 consecutive months of Netflix’s four-screen plan ($13.99 per month)
- 119 DTix Columbus Zoo tickets ($8 apiece)
- 1,349 cans of Natural Light ($16.99 for a 24-pack)
- 7 pairs of L.L. Bean Bean Boots ($135 a pair)
- 876 Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers ($1.09 apiece)
- And lots more.
Got something you think should be added to the list? Send it to us on Twitter!