Ohio State beat Michigan 56-27 in the 2019 edition of The Game, and, although the game wasn’t without its frustrations, it also had some pretty incredible and memorable moments.
I could show you videos of each and every one of J.K. Dobbins’s four touchdowns yesterday, but I’ve got something a little more fun in mind. Like this.
Yes, you’re seeing that right. Aidan Hutchinson and Carlo Kemp teamed up to untie and take off J.K.’s shoe after he had been tackled. Truly a fun moment, and likely the highlight of the day for the Michigan defensive line that gave up 264 rushing yards and four touchdowns.
It’s okay, though. We also learned about one of Dobbins’ hidden talents: dribbling footballs as if they were basketballs.
Another absolutely incredible moment in the game came immediately after Justin Fields returned to the field after suffering an injury.
A few plays prior, Fields had been taken off the field and into the medical tent, where he received a knee brace. The knee brace clearly didn’t affect his play, as this was his first play back in the game. Ryan Day said this was a “Heisman moment.”
Here are some other things you need to know:
- This is the first time either team in the OSU-UM rivalry has won eight games in a row since 1901-1909, when Michigan won nine straight contests.
- Chase Young is a big fan of Justin Fields. He went far enough to call him the best quarterback in the country.
- While Chase Young did not get a sack in The Game, it’s still worth mentioning that he is Ohio State’s single-season sack record holder. I will shout it from the rooftops.
- Ohio State totaled 577 total yards against Michigan’s defense, which has been one of the best in the country all season.
- Jim Harbaugh got a little heated in his postgame press conference and took exception to a question being asked. Also worth noting: Jim Harbaugh is the only coach EVER to go 0-5 in The Game to start his coaching career.
- Fun stat: In the last two years, Ohio State has put up 108 points and 1,173 yards against Rutgers. Against Michigan, Ohio State has scored 118 points and racked up 1,144 yards.