Guess what? Amazon is opening a store on OSU Campus. Yeah, that’s it. It’ll be replacing UniversiTees at 2114 N. High St.
The e-commerce site that essentially rules our day-to-day lives in conjunction with Google, is bringing its “Amazon Campus” concept to High St. just south of Lane Ave.
It is essentially a super, awesome campus bookstore – and it has been expanded to dozens of colleges and universities. Students can go to the pickup location for #rapid delivery of nearly any of the millions of items available online, both totally useless and very useful.
Previously Amazon launched this concept at Purdue in 2015, “We’re excited to open our first-ever staffed pickup location at Purdue, making it more convenient and affordable for students to get everything they need for life on campus,” said Paul Ryder, Vice President of Media and Student Programs at Amazon. “Whether students are ordering textbooks, laptops, or mac and cheese, Amazon and Purdue are now providing a convenient and secure spot for them to pick up their stuff at hours that work with their schedules. We look forward to bringing this experience to more universities soon.”
This same concept will be the one arriving at OSU and works very similarly to how the Purdue guidelines:
- Students, alumni, faculty and staff at Purdue can activate their benefits by visiting purdue.amazon.com—or joining Amazon Student—to personalize their Amazon shopping experience.
- Once activated, students will be able to easily identify books needed for class by looking for a ‘badge’ with Purdue’s logo and class information within Amazon search results and product pages. Student can also purchase any item available on Amazon, and items eligible for Free One-Day Pickup are marked with a “Prime Campus” badge.
- When purchasing items on Amazon, students will choose [email protected] as their shipping address at checkout.
- When their order arrives, they’ll receive an email or text notification.
- When they’re ready to pick up their order, the student will click on the link provided in the email or text. This link will generate a barcode.
- After arriving at [email protected] the student will scan the barcode and pick up their order at one of the self-service lockers or go to the pickup desk and an associate can assist them.