There are so many self-help posts that are all about changing your mindset and, dammit, this is just like all of those. The best way to eat healthy when you are unwilling to give up all of the shit you normally eat is to change your mindset—not your diet.
Here are a couple ways to eat healthier by doing absolutely nothing:
- Instead of saying burrito, try calling it a “wrap.”
- Instead of calling it a chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin or sugar cookie, crush it up, roll in a ball and call it an “energy bite.”
- Frozen yogurt with every unhealthy option as the topping? Try “frozen parfait” or, if you really want to, call it a “smoothie bowl.”
- Fries and a hamburger? Try cutting the fries and burger into slices and placing inside a bowl and calling it a ‘Simple potato hash with grassfed beef.’
- Also: Take cookies, crunch them up and bake them a second time and call it “granola bars.”
- Take all the food you normally eat and smash it into a separated container and call it a “snack plate.”