Want to write?
We’re looking for someone with the creative chops for great storytelling. There are so many great stories to tell about the people, culture and places that make campus so unique.
Skills we are looking for:
- Story telling ability. Both in knowing a good story when you hear one, and being able to come up with ideas on your own.
- Voice. Being able to write stories that intertwine your personality with the subject you are writing about is key. We can always work to improve grammar and punctuation, but having a strong voice in writing is important.
- Knowledge of the campus culture. This includes nightlife, the bar scene, the music scene, and groups and clubs on campus.
Who are we looking for?
- You, mostly. While journalism and communication majors are preferred, we will take any student from any major. We’ve had actuary science majors write about happy hours, and we’ve had English majors write about sex. We say that to say this: as long as you love to write and tell stories, we’ll find a way to get you in the magazine.
What’s in it for you?
- Internship/class credit. You need three hours of internship credits this semester? We got you. Only need one hour to finish up that major requirement? Hit us up.
- Payment for stories published online.
- Payment for stories published in the magazine.
- Flexible office hours with the option to work from home on select days.
- Access to new parts of campus and Columbus. (i.e. concerts, early openings at restaurants and bars, details on openings and closings, etc.)