The Buckeye Standup Comedy Club dishes out some trash talking tips for OSU’s home games.
We as Ohio State fans are known for a few things: winning games, drinking beer, and trash talking the opposing team. Iconic moments in Ohio State trash talking history like when Marcus Hall flipped the bird to the entire Michigan stadium come to mind, and keeping traditions alive is something we must do as fans. No, we can’t get on the field and let the opposing team know your feelings towards them, but we sure as hell can yell it at the fans in the stands.
The Buckeye Standup Comedy Club is no newcomer when it comes to cracking jokes and they don’t shy away when football season rolls around. There’s tons of ways to laugh about these teams. Take our little brother, Michigan, for example. Their head coach eats boogers, probably wears khakis to bed, and is afraid of chickens. But, do we really need to trash talk Michigan? We’ve been handing them L’s on the field for who knows how long now.
As for the rest of the teams OSU faces this year? They are open and free game. With a few fun facts about each university and state, here’s how the BSCC is talkin’ trash to OSU’s unfortunate opponents this year.
Fun facts about Indiana
- People in Indiana are still debating on what a “Hoosier” actually is. Did we mention they are the literal “Hoosier State”?
- Many cities in Indiana are in different time zones than their neighboring cities and there’s hot debate on whether or not some cities are in the correct time zone.
- Indiana used to have a goldfish farm back in 1899.
- Indiana produces 20% of the country’s popcorn supply and they are really proud about it.
- Indiana has never won a national championship, had a Heisman winner, or ever spent a week at No. 1 in the standings. It’s worth noting they’ve played in 1,194 games in their entire existence and have only won 478 of those games.
Indiana more like India-”nah fam.” — Harrison Biederman
A Hoosier hasn’t won anything of importance since Gene Hackman was there head coach. — Bobby Strachan
The only good thing to ever come from Indiana is a fictional mini-horse from a fictional city. RIP Li’l Sebastian. — Joseph Grunenwald
Want more trash talking tips for Ohio State’s home games this season? Check out our other guides!
Feature photo by David Heasley.