Bored? Well you shouldn’t be. Go out and get some culture, for Columbus has tons of live music to offer. Don’t believe us? Here are 31 shows happening for the 31 days of July. If you go to all 31, give us a call and we will give you a free high five through the phone.
1. Brimstone Coven @ Spacebar – Badass occult doom rock is raddest thing to ever come out of West Virginia
2. Deerhoof @ Ace of Cups – Eclectic spazzouts make weirdo art rock for the cool kids,
3. Red White & Boom @ Arena District – Live music throughout one of Columbus’ biggest events, style an quality varies but fireworks are cooler than any band
4. Doo Dah Parade – One of Columbus’ kookiest events features live music from 10am-7pm at the High & Buttles block party
5. Creative Strings Music Hop – String musicians from around the globe collaborate for improvisational performances at Kafe Kerouac, Rambling House, and more venues
6. Wolf Alice @ The Basement – Hard touring UK buzz rockers get bigger and better with every trip around the globe
7. Dikembe @ Double Happiness – Indie rock with an emphasis on the rock, great for those with emotions and feels
8. Elton John Tribute @ Columbus Commons – Top ‘Rocket Man’ impersonator brings flashy show and goofy sunglasses to downtown outdoor stage
9. Corey Feldman @ A&R Bar – Human train wreck crashes in Columbus, don’t get your hopes up…
10. Captain, We’re Sinking @ Double Happiness – Pop punker’s music is (slightly) better than their band name
11. Reggie & The Full Effect @ Double Happiness – Rock’s quirkiest synth-pop weirdo revives his alter-ego for a bizarre night of… just go and find out.
12. Earthling @ The Summit – Fucking metal dude, fast and bleak, don’t say we didn’t warn you
13. Relentless Mules @ Rambling House – Bluegrass done right, a banjo in one hand and whiskey in the other!
14. AFI/Circa Survive @ Express Live! – Goth rockers crawl out of the attic for another record/tour, Hot Topic stocks skyrocket.
15. Common w/ Columbus Symphony @ Columbus Commons – Poignant Grammy-winning rapper joins forces with orchestra for a not-to-be-missed collaboration
16. Flex Crew @ Skully’s – Weekly Sunday night reggae residency always delivers good vibes, stoned humans
17. New Found Glory @ Newport – Lace up your Converse All-Stars, pop punk lifers are gonna have the house going full pogo
18. Slayer/Lamb of God @ Express Live! – Thrash metal anti-gods bring a stacked lineup and lots of hate, Hail Lucifer!
19. Sarah Shook & The Disarmers @ Ace of Cups – Authentic outlaw country rising star will be right at home in Columbus
20. Roger Waters @ Nationwide Arena – Pink Floyd’s singer/bassist rehashes the hits and sprinkles in new politically-charged tunes for flavor
21. Raelyn Nelson Band @ Woodlands – Willie’s granddaughter distills country and rock down to it’s purest form and turns it up loud!
22. 2×2 Fest @ Rice Paddy Motorcycles – Third year hip-hop fest delivers top local Djs,BBoys, & live graffiti
23. All Time Low @ Express Live! – Goofy pop rockers have grown immensely in international popularity, very little in musical creativity
24. Good Old War @ Rumba Cafe – Indie folk from Philly will dish out some good Monday night vibes
25. Dashboard Confessional/All-American Rejects @ Express Live – 2004 lives again, let’s see how those regrettable tattoos have held up
26. RC & The Gritz @ Woodlands Tavern – Erykah Badu’s backing band serves up extra-funky original hip-hop of their own
27. Foster The People @ Newport – Easy-listening radio pop isn’t very challenging but you’ll probably get laid
28. Highly Suspect @ Newport – One of rock’s brightest young bands holds court at one of the nation’s most venerable venues
29. Betsy Ross/Steven King @ Spacebar – Columbus-brewed rock & roll for people that like good times and cold PBR
30. Social Distortion @ Newport – Old-school punk rock legends hit the road for their millionth tour, still throw down with the best of them
31. Auburn Row @ Skully’s – Cheesy pop rock is literally the only live music in Columbus this night